If you are searching for a refreshing beverage to cool down when it's hot, why not try Starbucks shaken espresso? Here is a complete guide on Starbucks shaken espresso and how to make it at home like a pro!
The Starbucks shaken espresso is the trending caffeinated drink that takes most coffee drinkers by storm. This new beverage is a popular alternative to iced coffee and cold brew; you can easily make it home. The Starbucks Shaken Espresso drinks are available in different flavors, including vanilla latte and caramel macchiato, allowing you to customize your drink to your preferred taste.
What Is Starbucks Shaken Espresso?
Starbucks shaken espresso drinks are products of Starbucks. These drinks blend espresso, milk, and ice and shake the mixture in a cocktail shaker until it's frothy. The main ingredient in shaken espresso drinks is espresso, which is made from finely ground coffee beans. Shaking the mixture lowers the acidity content in the blend, smoothens the flavor, and mellows the drink with a creamier mouthfeel making it an excellent drink for any time of day.
The Starbucks shaken espresso offers a new way for coffee lovers to enjoy their beverage. You can take it whenever craving something sweet but light or even on hot summer days.
Starbucks Shaken Espresso Drink Varieties
Starbucks currently has a variety of shaken espresso drinks. Here are the most popular:
1. Iced Shaken Espresso
It's the most famous variety of Starbucks shaken espresso drinks. This drink is made from;
- Two shots of espresso
- A splash of milk
The mix is shaken in a cocktail shaker to produce a frothy and creamy drink that is cool and refreshing. The iced shaken espresso is an excellent beverage during the summer season or as an afternoon pick-me-up.
If you want to make it sweeter, add a sweet cream to your iced shaken espresso to make iced shaken espresso with sweet cream. Here is how to make the sweet cream;
- Pour 2% milk into your shaker.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla extract or vanilla syrup.
- Stir the mixture and set it aside.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of Honey.
- Add a dash of cinnamon and ice, then shake your shaker until it's foamy.
Your sweet cream is now ready. Now pour your iced shaken espresso drink into a cup and add your sweet cream! Enjoy your iced shaken espresso with sweet cream!
2. Caramel Macchiato Shaken Espresso
This variety is also a popular drink at Starbucks. It is made by combining;
- 2 shots of espresso
- Vanilla syrup
- Steamed milk
The mixture is shaken to yield a light and creamy beverage. Add a caramel source on the walls of your cup to give your drink a sweet and delicious taste that will fulfill your cravings. This drink is sweet, creamy, and has a rich caramel flavor.
3. Mocha Shaken Espresso
The Mocha shaken espresso is an alteration of the classic iced shaken espresso. Apart from the ordinary double shots of espresso, a splash of milk and mocha source is added to the iced shaken espresso to make mocha shaken espresso.
The mocha-shaken espresso has a rich and chocolatey flavor because of adding the mocha sauce.
4. Iced Toasted Vanilla Oat Milk Shaken Espresso
It is a vegan-friendly choice with a vanilla flavor. It’s made by mixing;
- 2 shots of espresso
- Toasted vanilla oat milk
Combining the ingredients results in an exceptionally smooth and creamy beverage perfect for anyone looking to enjoy a special espresso.
5. Iced Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso
If you’re looking for more of an autumnal flavor profile, the iced brown sugar oat milk shaken espresso is your perfect choice. This version of the shaken espresso is made with;
- Shots of espresso
- Brown sugar syrup
- Oat milk
The blend is shaken till it becomes foamy and creamy. The result is a rich, creamy, and sweet espresso flavor. You can top up cinnamon powder for more flavor.
Whatsoever shaken espresso you settle for, you’re sure to get a rich and indulging experience that will fulfill your cravings.
How to Make Starbucks Shaken Espresso at Home?
With the popularity of Starbucks, you should try making your own shaken espresso drinks. Here is a quick guide;
- Freshly ground espresso beans
- 2% cold milk or oat milk for vegans
- An ice cube tray
- Flavored syrup (optional)
- An espresso machine or a Moka pot
- A shaking vessel (a cocktail shaker is ideal) or get a glass jar with a lid.
- Prepare ice cubes of milk by filling an ice cube tray with the cold milk and letting it freeze overnight.
- Crush the espresso beans till they become coarsely ground.
- Proceed to brew espresso by placing about 2 tablespoons of the granular into your machine and tapping the “espresso” The 2 tablespoons of grounds will produce 2 shots of freshly brewed espresso. If you need more, add the number of tablespoons.
- Mix the 2 shots of espresso in a shaker with a few milk ice cubes you made from the first step. Shake the mixture vigorously for about 30 seconds to achieve a frothy mix. You will have to shake longer if you aren’t using a dairy milk option.
- Add ice to your shaker and shake for 10-15 seconds for a light, frothy, and delicious drink.
Your homemade Starbucks shaken espresso is now ready! You can personalize it by adding your favorite syrup flavor, sweet cream.
Benefits of Taking Shaken Espresso
There are many benefits associated with drinking shaken espresso:
- It is an alternative option for getting an energy boost without taking coffee.
- Shaken espresso gives you energy and nutrients that keep you powered throughout the day.
- Shaken espresso has low caffeine content (about 75mg per serving) compared to coffee, making the former ideal for people who want low caffeine intake.
- You can use it as a pre-workout drink and a post-workout drink.
Starbucks shaken espresso is a flavorful way to consume espresso-based beverages. With its different types of shaken espresso drinks, there is a taste for everyone! Besides being low in caffeine content, shaken espresso is easy to prepare at home with or without an espresso machine. So, whether you are looking for a cold drink to cool you down or to keep you going, Starbucks shaken espresso will not disappoint you!